How to split very long tables?

От Stuart Rison
Тема How to split very long tables?
Дата
Список pgsql-sql
Dear All,

I am using postgreSQL to matain a database of breast cancer patient data.
I have create a hugely long (i.e. many columns) table and it is becoming
unmanageable (I can't get the whole of it on screen, some queries appear to
exceed the maximum string length etc.)

How do you 'split' a long table without adding excessive redundency?  Is it
OK to just cut the table up and use the same primary key?

I would be grateful for any comments/suggestions.

Cheers,

Stuart.

PS.  could you please cc me a copy of your posting(s).

| Stuart Rison            | Ludwig Institute for Cancer Research |
| Tel. (0171) 878 4041    | Courtauld Building                   |
| Fax. (0171) 878 4040    | 91 Riding House Street               |
| stuart@ludwig.ucl.ac.uk | UNITED KINGDOM.                      |

В списке pgsql-sql по дате отправления: